Call us: 618-977-5566
- Toni has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education and a Masters Degree in Literacy. She has over 25 years of education experience as a classroom teacher, a reading coach and a reading specialist. She is employed by Pearson where she is a Curriculum Specialist for Pearson’s new products. Her greatest desire is to see children excel in reading and enjoy a love for reading. In her years working with children from low income homes, she was aware that children living in poverty had no books to practice their reading skills. Because of her love for children and reading, Books4Kids was created.
- During the past 21 years, Lori's primary focus has been raising her three beautiful children. During this time Lori maintained a part time practice in her home as a Hairstylist and a Skin Consultant. She's also an active volunteer in her children's school. Now that Lori's children are getting older she spends her extra time being the Vice President for Books4kids.
- Lindsay has a great love for children and takes pride in being an active role in her community and volunteering. Her determination to make a difference along with her love for children led her to a volunteer position at Books4Kids. Lindsay instantly fell in love with the organization after being introduced to it by her mother-in-law. She believes that reading is a vital role in a child’s development and that a love and understanding of books can reduce the cycle of poverty. What started as a volunteer role of event planning and helping when needed soon turned into much more. In March of 2016 Lindsay joined the board as a director and has now earned the title of Marketing Director. Her work as an office manager has provided her with the tools needed to be successful in this position. When Lindsay isn’t working or busy with Books4Kids she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and camping.
- Debi files all the charity’s financial reports with the IRS and State of Illinois. She has over 30 years finance experience in the public and private business sector. She has worked in the fields of transportation, engineering, hospitality, retail internet sales, business startups and acquisitions. She is currently a partner at B2B CFO and helps small businesses move to the next level through strategic financial and operations management. She graduated from UMSL in 1986 with a degree in accounting. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Global Management Accountant, and Certified Business Transition Expert. Her professional memberships include: a member of AICPA, a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, a member of the Professional Women’s Alliance of St. Louis, a member of Missouri Venture Forum, and a member of the Troy Chamber of Commerce. She is the awards chairman for Small Business Week of Southern IL. In addition to Books4Kids, she has served on the board of Collinsville Junior Service Club as treasurer and president and is now the registered agent for that charity. She is currently a Rotarian for the Troy Silvercreek Chapter.
- Jennifer is a former elementary educator and is currently a stay-at-home mom. From
the time that she was young, she knew that she wanted to be a teacher and make a difference
in children’s lives. She taught both fifth grade and first grade before deciding to stay home with
her children when the family moved due to her husband’s job. Since that time she has had no
trouble staying busy with seven moves throughout the country, caring for babies and toddlers at
church, volunteering in her children’s classrooms, heading up and teaching the K-5 children’s
ministry at her church, volunteering for a women’s rape and domestic abuse shelter, being a
children’s leader for Bible Study Fellowship, attending and leading women’s bible studies,
serving as a trustee at her church, being a board member for Books4Kids, and taking care of
her family as well. She is blessed with being able to play a very active role in the lives of her son
and daughter! Books4Kids is a natural fit for Jennifer as it involves two things she loves very
much, children and books. She believes that reading is not only entertainment and a wonderful
way to develop an imagination, but that it is also an absolute necessity for children in order to
ensure that they have a brighter and more successful future.
- A lifelong resident of Madison County, IL, Mark has worked in the banking industry for over 30 years. He has been with FCB Banks for over 26 years, currently serving as its President. He is a graduate of Collinsville High School and has a B.S. in Business Administration-Finance from SIUE. In addition to being on the board of Books4Kids, Mark serves on the board of two other nonprofits, R3 Development in East St. Louis, IL and The Metro East Lenders Group. R3 is a youth employment and community development organization focused on the youth of East St. Louis. The Metro East Lenders Group provides financial literacy education to people of all ages, focused primarily in low to moderate income areas. In addition, Mark is a past secretary and member of the board of The Collinsville Historical Museum. Mark is actively involved in his church, The Journey Fellowship. He enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends.
- Keely has been a dental hygienist in downtown St. Louis for the last 12 years. She graduated from West Virginia University with a B.S. in dental hygiene in 2004. The same year she married her high school sweetheart, Adam. They now have Finn who is 5 and loves to help out at our fundraisers. In her free time Keely enjoys reading and spending time with her many pets. She became involved with Books4Kids last year and is excited to share her love for reading with young children.